Commissioned in 1935 for £4,000 by the property developer John R Payne, to race at Cowes in the prestigious America’s Cup Regatta.(BCYC)
Changed names to ‘Pinta II’ under ownership of the French industrialist family, the Provosts.
Restored by Robert Daral and Jean-Paul Guillet who found Vanity V in St Malo in 1997.
Rebuilt in 1999 to the original Fife drawings by Guy Ribadeau Dumas (Ribadeau Website) and Chantier du Guip in Brest.
|Designer:||William Fife III|
|Type of Boat:||12-Metre|
|Built By:||Fife of Fairlie, Scotland|
|LOA m / ft:||21.5m / 70' 7"|
|LOD m / ft:||21.5m / 70'7"|
|LWL m / ft:||14m / 45' 11"|
|Beam m / ft:||3.6m / 12'|
|Draft m / ft:||2.75m / 9'|
|Sail Stats||Sail No: K5|
|Construction:||Mahogany planking over composite frames. Oregon pine deck|
|Displacement: 27 tons|