Built for a cost of £240, she is one of three Belfast Lough One Designs that survive today. Tern’ raced in Belfast Lough until 1912 when she converted to a yawl for cruising.
She arrived in Cornish waters around 1947 and was used for day trips.
Bought by George Ellison in 1964 for total restoration back to her original design.
Restored at The Ocean Yacht Company of Penpol in Cornwall from 1996 to 2000. 4 trees of larch were used together with hand-picked Afromosia white oak and teak.
Attended the Fife regatta in 2003.
|Designer:||William Fife III|
|Type of Boat:||Belfast Lough One Design|
|Built By:||John Hilditch, Carickfergus, Northern Ireland|
|LOA m / ft:||11.3m / 37' 3"|
|LOD m / ft:|
|LWL m / ft:||7.6m/25'|
|Beam m / ft:||2.6m/8' 8"|
|Draft m / ft:||1.9m/6' 3"|
|Sail Stats||Sail Area: 848 sq.ft. Sail No. 7|
|Construction:||Has a coachroof, skylight, full counter, flat keel and all deck fittings are made of teak.|
|Displacement: 9 tons(Thames), 5.80 tons(registered)|