Submit Information on this Yacht
Marcita’s first owner took her from Pin Mill up to Yorkshire, berthing her in Bridlington as a member of the Royal Yorkshire.
Her second owner Mr Vickers bought her in 1963 from Moody’s in Bursledon on the Hamble. She was sailed on the Solent until 1970 when he moved to Brantham and so Marcita was moved to the Orwell.
One of her first outings from the Hamble ended dramatically thanks to a poorly fitted forestay which came away as she tacked, bringing the mast down off Lee-on-Solent with an onshore wind. The owners two sons were lifted from her by helicopter and taken back to Warsash.
|Type of Boat:|
|Built By:||Harry King & Sons, Pinmill, UK|
|LOA m / ft:||10m / 32'10"|
|LOD m / ft:||10m / 32'10"|
|LWL m / ft:||7.3m / 24'|
|Beam m / ft:||/8'2"|
|Draft m / ft:||/5'8"|
|Sail Stats||Sail No: 1045|