Finola was built for James Lauriston Lewis and started her life racing with the 8-Metre fleet from the Hamble with the sail number K3.
1938 – renamed ‘Nona’ under the ownership of Thornton E Gardner. Her Home port was Southampton.
During the World War II the fleet dispersed and Finola found shelter in France at Trinitè Sur Mer.
After the conflict, she was purchased by a British owner and resumed racing on the Clyde, Scotland.
In the sixties the boat was acquired by a Portuguese owner and continued racing on the Atlantic coast with the sail number P107.
In 2006, in conditions of neglect, Finola was transferred from Lisbon to Italy where she undertook a restoration.
In the spring of 2012 Finola is finally relaunched in the Gulf of Trieste. Her first race was in 2016 where she finished second at the first edition of the AIVE Trophy Adriatic.
|Designer:||William Fife III|
|Type of Boat:||8-Metre|
|Built By:||William Fife & Son, Fairlie, Scotland|
|LOA m / ft:||14.58m / 47'8"|
|LOD m / ft:|
|LWL m / ft:|
|Beam m / ft:||2.6m / 8'6"|
|Draft m / ft:|
|Construction:||Mahogany hull with oak and acacia frames|