Yacht: Tuiga

Submit Information on this Yacht

Tuiga was built for the Duke of Medinacelli, who was a friend to the King of Spain, and designed identically to the King’s yacht, ‘Hispania’. This was so that they could then race on equal terms against each other.  However, Tuiga collected a long line of second places allowing rumours to spread that indicated the Duke was ‘holding back’ so as not to beat the King and cause an embarrassing situation.

Tuiga was the first 15-Metre to be restored at Fairlie Restorations and has been owned by Monaco Yacht Club since 1993.   She was joined by her sister, The Lady Anne, in 1999 and in more recent times Hispania and Mariska.

 

St Tropez, 2015

St Tropez, 2015

Please follow and like us:
0
Designer: William Fife III
Type of Boat: 15-Metre
Rig: Gaff Cutter
Year Built: 1909
Built By: William Fife & Son, Fairlie
LOA m / ft: 27.36m / 92'
LOD m / ft: 22.55m / 74'
LWL m / ft: 15.68m / 48' 11
Beam m / ft: 4.15m / 14' 1
Draft m / ft: 2.95m / 9' 10
Yard No: 569
Sail Stats Sail Area: 390sq.m / 4,014 sq.ft. Sail No. D3
Construction: Hull: Semi composite steel and steamed frames.
Other:
Original tonnage: 50 84hp 4JH2DTE Yanmar Diesel Engine

Submit Information on this Yacht