Designed and built for Charles Hellyer of Yorkshire.
1908: Sold to John E Humphrey.
1912: Sold to Oswald Cecil Maguiac of London(member of the Royal Yacht Squadron-RYS) who owned and cruised with ‘Rosalind’ over the next 22 years.
1934: Sold to Aubrey Fletcher.
1936: Sold to J B Darlymple who moored ‘Rosalind’ discreetly in Scotland during the Second World War to keep the Admiralty away from her precious lead keel.
1948: Sold to Lt. Col C C Morrison who sailed her around Spain. ‘Rosalind’ subsequently went into Spanish ownership, was renamed ‘Rosalinda’ and underwent considerable modernization – a ketch rig with her bowsprit and bumpkin removed.
Restored in 1996/7 in Barcelona, Spain.
|Designer:||H T Stow|
|Type of Boat:|
|Built By:||Stow & Son, Shoreham, UK|
|LOA m / ft:||32m / 105'|
|LOD m / ft:||/|
|LWL m / ft:||26.39m / 86'6"|
|Beam m / ft:||4.55m / 15'|
|Draft m / ft:||2.9m / 9'5"|
|Sail Stats||Sail Area: 240 sq.m|
|Construction:||Burmese teak on oak frames.|
|Displacement: 89 tons.|