An example of a William Stoba designed “nobby” built in Fleetwood in 1892.
Registered as 8.47 tons with an auxiliary motor registered as fitted in June 1919.
Built for, and skippered by, Nicholas Barrow of Church Road, St Anne’s-on-Sea by John Gibson and Sons of Fleetwood in 1892 as a fishing boat registered at Preston PN33.
Sold on 11th March, 1912 to Lewis Owen Evans of Bangor, North Wales, PN registry cancelled and registered at Beaumaris as BS73.
Worked out of Bangor until 1941 when sold to Philip Llewellyn Wolsef of Llandudno Junction.
Lay in Conway until 1957 when purchased by Ben Cottrell of the Dock, Deganwy who cancelled her fishing registry and used her for pleasure.
Moved to the River Mersey under different owners in the 1960s and 1970s until purchased by the Housley family of Hoylake in 1975. Assisted by Rhyl lifeboat on 19 August 1979 after breaking down off the North Wales coast.
Laid up, ashore at Newton (Near Hoylake) in 1983.
Sold to the Evans brothers of Heswall on 26 July 1987 and removed to Heswall boatyard to undergo a complete rebuild finished in 1991.
Sold after a death in the family in 1995. Returned to the North Wales coast and frequently changed owners until suffering a fire on-board and then laid up damaged awaiting sale at Conway, whilst laid up continually vandalised by local youths.
Purchased by Maurice Evans on 28 September 2005 and returned to Heswall Boatyard for restoration. Relaunched the following year she was severely damaged in a spring gale in 2008 being struck at her mooring by another vessel and whilst ashore for repair suffered further damage after a fire broke out alongside. In September 2016 the repair works were completed and the intention was to relaunch her in Spring 2017.
Above information courtesy of Maurice Evans.