Yacht: Owl

Submit Information on this Yacht

Her original length was 12.50m but one of her later owners, a Mr. Andrews, a racer, lengthened her to improve competitiveness. After the 2nd World War she was owned for some 30 years by David Burnett.

She was then bought by a Frenchman and in 1990 she was entrusted to a boatbuilding college. Owl subsequently went through a refit in 1995 at the International Boatbuilding College, Lowestoft.

Since her refit Owl has been based in the Mediterranean.  Initially she had black topsides although these have since been changed to white which must make her more comfortable down below, as well as easing the maintenance burden…

Designer: Frederick Shepherd
Type of Boat:
Rig: Gaff Ketch
Year Built: 1909
Built By: White Brothers, Southampton
LOA m / ft: 20.53m / 67'3"
LOD m / ft: 16.8m / 55'1"
LWL m / ft: 12.34m / 40'4"
Beam m / ft: 3.78m / 12'4"
Draft m / ft: 2.54m / 8'3"
Yard No:
Sail Stats Sail area: 170 sq.m.
Construction: Teak planks over oak frames and teak deck & superstructure
Other:

Submit Information on this Yacht