Built for the Luftwaffe Overlord was part of a fleet of 100 sq. metre, 50 sq. metre and 30 sq. metre yachts used at Lemverder for Officer training and in particular for training Luftwaffe navigators.
In 1945, ‘Pelikan’, as Overlord was then named, plus many more yachts in the fleet were taken as prize of war at Kiel and later included in the reparations agreement. Many of the yachts were distributed amongst the British Services and Pelikan was used by The Sappers at Chatham who re-named her Overlord.
|Designer:||Abeking & Rasmussen|
|Type of Boat:||100-Square Metre|
|Built By:||Abeking & Rasmussen, Lemweder, Germany|
|LOA m / ft:||17.6m / 58'|
|LOD m / ft:||17.6m / 58'|
|LWL m / ft:|
|Beam m / ft:|
|Draft m / ft:|