Originally named ‘Skeaf’and built to the First International Rule for Consul Henry Horn, she took part in the 1914 Europe Week at Oslo. H Rasmussen was at the helm and came away with six prizes. With the coming of the First World War ‘Skeaf’ was sold to a Norwegian yachtsman, Glad, who owned her until around 1924. When RC Schmidt bought her in 1926 she was converted to a gaff yawl and renamed ‘Treudeutsch’.
Then in 1929 she was bought by the Club Nautico of Portugal, renamed ‘Mariline’ and based in Lisbon. She was converted to a bermudan yawl around 1942-1944, taken to Germany and used as a ‘school yacht’ entering many regattas and winning many trophies.
In 1989 she was sold to a shipbuilder who intended to have her restored. Unfortunately, he started the job badly and left the boat lying in the yard and searched for a new owner. Albert Alfonso came to the rescue in 2000 and started a restoration programme.
|Designer:||William Fife III|
|Type of Boat:||12-Metre|
|Built By:||Abeking & Rasmussen|
|LOA m / ft:||19.90m(original), 16|
|LOD m / ft:|
|LWL m / ft:||11.80m(original), 11.50m(present)|
|Beam m / ft:||3.30m /|
|Draft m / ft:|
|Sail Stats||Sail Area: 143 sq.m|
|Construction:||Wood on steel frames|
|Displacement: 20.85 tons.|