Formerly Marianne, Built for Franz Brinckmann in Hamburg in 1925. Sold to Fr. Retsin from the Royal Antwerp Yacht Club. Then went to Major Ralph Blewitt in the UK in 1936; then to Sir James Laing in Scotland in 1950. Lies in Holland today.
Information came from: The ship’s history mainly.
All bills of sale between various owners since ship came to UK in 1936 :
Bills of sale 1950, 1973, 1984, 1994, 1998. Ship registered under 165371 degree in Lloyd’s register of Yachts, 1938 Certificate of British Registry, 1973 Certificate of British Registry, 2003 Beken of Cowes pics ref. 21669 and 21670, 1937. RORC race results 1937 – 1950 & beyond. Letters of Mary Blewitt / Pera, daughter of 3d owner 1937 – 1950. Letters of Brian Wilkinson, ship’s skipper for Sir James Laing from 1950 on.
Information courtesy of Eric Preat.
|Type of Boat:|
|Built By:||Hans Heidtmann|
|LOA m / ft:||13.41m / 44'|
|LOD m / ft:|
|LWL m / ft:||10.52m / 34' 6"|
|Beam m / ft:||3.2m / 10' 6"|
|Draft m / ft:||1.98m / 6' 6"|
|Construction:||Canoe stern / Pitch pine on oak. Rigging re-designed by Laurent Giles in 1957 from Bermudian Cutter to Masthead Cutter.|