Japanese name for ‘Star of the Sea’.
Launched in Gosport June, 1909 at the Camper and Nicholsons Shipyard.
Around 1951 owned by Island Cruising Club, Salcombe and kept for about next 40 years. During her cruising she usually hosted up to 12 passengers – skipper, mate, cook and up to 9 ICC members.
Article in Classic Boat magazine in October, 1995.
2008 – Under complete restoration by Guy Ribadeau Dumas (Ribadeau website) and Chantier du Guip in Brest for a launch in 2010.
|Designer:||Charles Ernest Nicholson|
|Type of Boat:|
|Rig:||2 Masted Schooner|
|Built By:||Camper & Nicholsons, Gosport, UK|
|LOA m / ft:||29m / 85'|
|LOD m / ft:||22m / 72'|
|LWL m / ft:||15.25m / 50'|
|Beam m / ft:||4.35m/14'25"|
|Draft m / ft:||3m / 9'8"|
|Sail Stats||Sail No: 1887|
|Construction:||Mahogany planking on grown oak frames. Solid teak deck on oak beams.|