Yacht: Gladoris

Submit Information on this Yacht

Originally named ‘Gladoris II’,  she was commissioned by an English lord ‘Marconi’ who sold her almost as soon as she was built to an American.   Later, she was bought by an Italian owner who used her as a ferry around Naples bay.

She changed name to ‘Conti Bernardi’ when the Azienda Agricola Conti Bernardi bought and restored her at the Cantieri Valdettaro in La Spezia, Italy.  She still has many of her original parts including her helm and compass binnacle and some of the interior’s mahogany panelling.

History

– She was present at the Coronation Review of the Fleet by Her Majesty the Queen at Spithead on 15.06.1953; Princess Margaret and other members of the royal family were present too.
– The english lord (Marconi) was a cousin to the royal family .
– The american was William Waldorfalors, the owner of the famous Waldorf Astoria New York.
– Gladoris II has her original name back since she was bought by a german (Burkhard Schürger).
Designer: Albert R Luke
Type of Boat:
Rig: Bermudan Yawl
Year Built: 1928
Built By: Lukes Of Hamble
LOA m / ft: 21.43m /
LOD m / ft:
LWL m / ft: 15.15m /
Beam m / ft: 4.3m /
Draft m / ft: 3.1m /
Yard No:
Sail Stats Sail Area: 258 sq.m
Construction:
Other:
Displacement: 37.27 tons

Submit Information on this Yacht