‘One of the best, if not the best, cruisers of her size and type ever designed’. Uffa Fox (1934).
Bought by Edwin Ker in Burnham on Crouch in 1954 (reputedly from a director of the LNER) and sailed to the west of Scotland. She spent the next 25 years first at Tighnabruich and then at The Brandy Stone, Oban and her owner used her for extensive cruises on the West Coast. On Edwin Ker’s death in 1980 she was sold to R and J Thwaites of South Shian. They sold her in the mid 1990s and she returned to the east coast of England. It is believed that she underwent further restoration and that she is still sailing, possibly based on the River Deben.
|Type of Boat:|
|Built By:||AM Dickie & Sons of Tarbert|
|LOA m / ft:||10.6m / 35'|
|LOD m / ft:||9.3m / 30' 6"|
|LWL m / ft:||6.7m / 22'|
|Beam m / ft:||2.4m / 8'|
|Draft m / ft:||1.4m / 4'6"|
|Construction:||Carvel hull constructed of Teak on Oak and Rock Elm. Information courtesy of Kristian Hansen|