Yacht: Alert

Submit Information on this Yacht

In 1935 the Aldeburgh Yacht Club Members, encouraged by Uffa Fox bought six Tumlares.

‘Zest’ (Roger de Qunicey) was later owned by Adlard Coles in the late 1930s, (Jill R.H.Pershouse), ‘Zara’ (G.C. Pritt), also owned by Adlard Coles 1944-1946, ‘Vanda’ (Col. Franklin), ‘Edith’ (Graham Goodson) and ‘Alert’ (Sir Ernest Roney). After the Second World War only two remained; ‘Alert’ and ‘Alacrity’ (previously ‘Vanda’).

Alert’s first owner was Sir Ernest Roney. Owned 1966/7 to 1974 by David McLean.

‘Alert’ was found derelict in 1992 and surveyed by David Cox in 1993. In 1996 she was bought from Geoffrey Hubber for £7,000 by John Mann. She was restored by B.D. Isassacs of BDI, 1996-7.

2013 – Under restoration in Fowey, Cornwall.

In 2015 her engine was removed and the interior modified, keel bolts were replaced and the forestay repositioned.

Designer: Knud H Reimers
Type of Boat:
Rig: Bermudan Sloop
Year Built: 1935
Built By: Reimers
LOA m / ft: 8.38m / 27'4"
LOD m / ft: 8.38m / 27'4"
LWL m / ft: 6.85m / 22'4"
Beam m / ft: 1.91m / 6'2"
Draft m / ft: 1.27m / 4'1"
Yard No:
Sail Stats
Construction: Pine/mahogany hull, composite ribs and lead keel.
Other:
Inboard Engine - 9hp Yanmar

Submit Information on this Yacht